The Intel Edison development platform is the first in a series of low-cost, product-ready, general purpose compute platforms that help lower the barriers to entry for entrepreneurs of all sizes from pro-makers to consumer electronics and companies working in the Internet of Things (IoT).
Intel Edison packs a robust set of features into its small size, delivering great performance, durability, and a broad spectrum of I/O and software support. Those versatile features help meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
This breakout kit is designed for non-Arduino users. This breakout board has a mini malistic set of features and is slightly larger than the Edison module.
- Uses a 22nm Intel SoC that includes a dual core, dual threaded Intel Atom CPU at 500MHz and a 32-bit Intel Quark microcontroller at 100 MHz. It supports 40 GPIOs and includes 1GB LPDDR3, 4 GB EMMC, and dual-band WiFi and BTLE on a module slightly larger than a postage stamp
- The Intel Edison module will initially support development with Arduino* and C/C++, followed by Node.JS, Python, RTOS, and Visual Programming support in the near future
- The Intel Edison module includes a device-to-device and device-to-cloud connectivity framework to enable cross-device communication and a cloud-based, multi-tenant, time-series analytics service
- CPU: 22nm Intel SoC that includes a dual core, dual threaded Intel Atom CPU at 500MHz and a 32-bit Intel Quark microcontroller at 100 MHz
- RAM: 1 GB LPDDR3 @800MHz
- Flash: 4GB eMMC and SDIO interface
- GPIO: 70 pins
- WiFi: Dual-band 802.11 (a/b/g/n)
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.1/4.0
- USB: 1 USB-OTG
- Other interfaces: SPI, UART, I2C, PWM
- Working Voltage: 7 to 15 VDC
- Power: Standby (No radios): 13 mW
- Standby (Bluetooth 4.0): 21.5 mW
- Standby (Wi-Fi): 35 mW
- Size: 35.5mm*25.0mm*3.9mm(1.40"*0.98"0.15")
- Intel Edison with Arduino Breakout Kit x1